Dales Tourism Network Constitution
What we are:
- The Dales Tourism Network is an unincorporated voluntary association.
- Our aim is to work collaboratively with tourism businesses in and around the Yorkshire Dales to create more revenue through tourism, for the benefit of local people.
- We will focus on activities that are carefully targeted, practical and enjoyable.
- We will arrange meetings on topics that we think will be of interest and use to our members.
- We are a not-for-profit organisation.
- The majority of our activities will be no cost or low cost. Where we are able to raise funding for activities, we will re-invest those funds into future tourism marketing activities in the Yorkshire Dales.
- We will keep full financial accounts of our activities.
- We will liaise with other organisations such as Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority and Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- We will consider a change of organisational format if this is necessary in order to attract additional funding
- Membership of the Dales Tourism Network is free of charge and open to anyone working within an accommodation, visitor attraction, food and drink, or art and craft business. Members have the right to opt out of mailing at any time. We are registered with the Data Protection Registrar
- We reserve the right to refuse membership to those who we believe will not benefit in the way we originally intended. We reserve the right to make a charge to industry suppliers (such as agencies, designers, consultants etc) who can benefit financially by being a member of the Dales Tourism Network.
- We will consult members on our activities, virtually and through our events.
- If at any time the management committee determines it is necessary or appropriate that the association be dissolved, we will give members 10 days notice of that decision, and then dissolve the organisation.
- If at any time we consider it necessary to amend this constitution, we will do so, and post a copy of the new constitution on www.dalestourism.com
- Initial members of the management committee will be: Susan Briggs and Amanda Brown, with a virtual sounding board of selected specialists (drawn from current membership) according to need.