Dales Tourism Network Constitution
What we are:
- Dales Tourism is an unincorporated voluntary association.
- The Steering Group includes representatives from different sectors & areas: Susan Briggs (marketing & destination management),Steve Amphlett (treasurer, retail & historic attraction specialist) Amanda Brown (PR), Jonathan Smith (link to YDNPA management plan & outdoor activity specialist), Suzanne Mitchell (representing accommodation), Jamie Roberts (representing visitor attractions & land management), & Tim Durham (representing experiences & farm diversification). Additional Steering Group members will be added to ensure broad representation of the businesses across the Yorkshire Dales.
- Membership of Dales Tourism is free of charge and open to anyone working within an accommodation, visitor attraction, food and drink, or art and craft business.
- We reserve the right to refuse membership to those who we believe will not benefit in the way we originally intended. We reserve the right to make a charge to industry suppliers (such as agencies, designers, consultants etc) who can benefit financially by being a member of Dales Tourism.
- We will consult members on our activities, virtually and through our events. Members may contact Susan Briggs or the Steering Group at any time to ask for more details of activities, seek updates or advice, or suggest future activities.
- Members have the right to opt out of mailing at any time. We are registered with the Data Protection Registrar
- We cover the whole of the 'Yorkshire Dales' as defined by visitor perceptions. Our focus is on the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the fringes of the National Park (sometimes called the 'area of influence') including market towns such as Richmond, and Masham, and Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Our aim is to work collaboratively with tourism businesses in and around the Yorkshire Dales to create more revenue through tourism, for the benefit of local people and host communities
- We will focus on activities that are carefully targeted, practical and increase revenue for members.
- We will arrange meetings on topics that we think will be of interest and use to our members.
- We are a not-for-profit organisation.
- The majority of our activities will be no cost or low cost. Where we are able to raise funding for activities, we will re-invest those funds into future tourism marketing activities in the Yorkshire Dales.
- We will keep full financial accounts of our activities.
- We will liaise with other organisations such as Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority and Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- We will consider a change of organisational format if members believe this would be advantageous or it becomes necessary to attract additional funding.
- If at any time the management committee determines it is necessary or appropriate that the association be dissolved, we will give members 10 days notice of that decision, and then dissolve the organisation.
- If at any time we consider it necessary to amend this constitution, we will do so, and post a copy of the new constitution on www.dalestourism.com